View Single Post
Old 2012-02-23, 22:33   Link #9
Random32
Also a Lolicon

You might as well be posting a rant about how the entertainment industry is dying on a private tracker's forum. AnimeSuki is a very pro-fansub forum from what I've seen and this video came off as fairly hostile. This won't end well.

I sort of like Dhomo's thinking though can't agree with it 100%. There are three roles of the Western Anime Industry, to translate, to distribute, and to promote as I see it. There are fans who are more than willing to translate anime as made obvious by fansubs, thus it renders one of the roles of the industry pointless. But fansub's don't help the Japanese companies make money since few people are both capable and willing to spend thousands a year importing DVD's and BRD's from Japan. Within the anime community, specific shows can be promoted by fansubbers and fans, but the industry really does the promotion outside the established community. A lot of people that like anime came in because they watched Naruto or something and liked it a lot, fansubs could have never done that.

I think that the Western Anime Industry should reconsider its role and relationship with the Western Anime Community and we should reconsider our relationship with the industry. Ideally, it should be hard to tell the line between the fandom and the industry.
Random32 is offline   Reply With Quote