View Single Post
Old 2012-10-31, 17:49   Link #628
momobunny
◔ ◡ ◔
*Artist

Okay, I'm about ready to just quit this game. I've been playing online for the past 40 minutes or so... and I haven't won a single match. I can even count how many rounds I won on one hand. I'm trying to improve my play style but I can't seem to wrap my mind around the game.

Not to mention it's incredibly frustrating, there are so many times when I lose because my last attack whiffed, or if I was a hairline away from winning and somehow they make a comeback... then there's winning 2 rounds and losing 3 (which I didn't even get to do today). Then there are the matches where I don't even stand a chance, like... no matter what I do, no matter what I thought I learned I end up getting beaten so badly it's like this is the first time I picked up the game... and I've been playing Tekken for years... :|

It could also be the combination of my lack of understanding and the characters I'm using seeing as Xiaoyu and Miharu are advanced... but quite honestly, I'd rather quit the game. They're the main reasons I even got this game in the first place.

I keep reading that going into practice mode and training against certain attacks and setups is a wise thing to do... but I don't know, past a certain point it'll feel less like a game and more like a chore. I don't feel like sitting and teaching myself how to play a game I've been trying to pick up for years... it's too tedious sounding for a game for me (especially considering HOW MANY things I'd have to train for in Practice Mode, I'd be playing Practice Mode all day just trying to find out how to properly counter one move... and then when I play against somebody else I'll either forget or my strategy won't work and it'll all have been for nothing). I'm probably going to stick to offline since I don't know anyone to play online with. :|

momobunny is offline   Reply With Quote