Thread: News Stories
View Single Post
Old 2013-04-16, 12:02   Link #27508
ArchmageXin
Master of Coin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sumeragi View Post
Nice way of twisting the truth.
Read the source above, ok, it was not 14, I did put(?) because I can't recall the source (I think I heard it as a joke from the Colbert Report?), but "military age-males" and not every military can afford to recruit at 18, so you could indeed be a teen, get blown to smithereens, then get added to the "terror kill" and not a "collateral damage" list. (I am sure either way, the mother of the bereaved would not be comforted)

Quote:
The White House convinces itself that the Obama-ordered air strikes overseas have not killed many civilians because, according to the president, any and all men near around a drone target are considered enemies of America and can be executed without being added to the count of civilian casualties.

"It in effect counts all military-age males in a strike zone as combatants, according to several administration officials, unless there is explicit intelligence posthumously proving them innocent," is how the Times report it. "Counterterrorism officials insist this approach is one of simple logic: people in an area of known terrorist activity, or found with a top Qaeda operative, are probably up to no good
."