View Single Post
Old 2012-02-08, 21:14   Link #4
DonQuigleone
Knight Errant

Quote:
- be very careful if a bank offers you consultation. They will offer you things that they make the most money from. Don't believe a word they tell you, because the people you will be talking to are salespersons first and bankers a far second.
Have to agree, I see no reason why I need to depend on a banks services or advice. With the internet, all the resources are there online for me to handle my investments personally. None of the math involved is all that hard after all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dhomochevsky View Post
- don't use long time investments at your age. If you can not cancel it and get your money back in a relative short timeframe and without a loss, then don't use it (you can cancel/sell off most investment scemes at any time, but it often comes with a hefty fee).
I wouldn't actually want to literally lock up the assets, more acquire an asset (that can easily be sold off) with a view to holding it long term rather then sell it for a quick buck. Basically, buy something that I'd likely never want to sell.

In this case, the only fee would be the conventional buy/sell fee a broker levies, which is pretty low if you limit your transactions.

@kokurin: interesting.
DonQuigleone is offline   Reply With Quote