View Single Post
Old 2010-09-30, 17:44   Link #82
winhlp32
(¬‿¬)

In my opinion, the movie is very unlikely to show HTT at university, or the future or Budokan. Why? Well this is a film adaptation of Kyoani's most mainstreajm anime to date. Unlike the Disappearance movie, I'm sure Kyoani will want to attract new fans and target a more mainstream demographic with this film. Meaning they'll probaly play it safe.

Also, if they made a film of the girls in university, we wont see them in their high school uniform. Think logically, would they make a K-On film that doesn't have the girls in their uniforms? That doesn't have them in the Keionbu? The girls in their uniform is how they're marketed and always will be. (Why would Yui wear anything else other than her uniform in the trailer?)

So the film will probably either be a recap or an original story covered sometime during their 2nd or more likely their 3rd year in high school. If we're getting an original story, it'll probably be an one off story that doesn't affect the TV series storyline in the vein of Doraemon or Crayon ShinChan movies, and probably without supernatural elements.

If its a recap then maybe we might get to see that Budokan; maybe they'll give us a recap in the first part of the movie and the rest of the movie starts to describe their post high school life. Either way; the girls have got to be in their uniform at some point in the movie.

But I'm sure the movie should be fine. We know Kyoani doesn't troll when it comes to K-On(Thank god its not from Kadokawa media). They did very well with season 2 when it comes to adapting original materials. But we also know that Kyoani is not exactly the best when they have to come up with original materials themselves(think Munto, etc) so hopefully Kakifly will be involved in the creative directions of the movie.