View Single Post
Old 2011-10-20, 16:08   Link #131
Flawfinder
Loves the Experience

Guilty Crown just reminded me of another one I forgot to mention.

Fanservice without Justification: I'm not against the sexualization of women or stuff like that, but there has to be a reason for fanservice when it occurs. Otherwise, it's just annoying and distracting, plus whenever it's done, it seems like the animation team isn't treating its audience like it has a brain. It's like they're saying, "Males love the female flesh, so let's up the views by putting it in". While you'll get somebody, you'll probably turn two people off in exchange. When people "sex sells", they don't mean you can just put the sex in there and expect it to sell. You need to put effort into it. And by effort, I don't mind animating how the female's boobs and butt shake. And don't get me started on fanservice for the female audience. I think the Twilight series is enough of a justification for why I don't like it when it's not integrated into the plot well.

Also, yes, Ken Akamatsu does this all the time. Well, most anime writers aren't Ken Akamatsu. They can't create a world where gratuitous fanservice is acceptable like he can.

My Awesome Anime Blog: Standing On My Neck
Flawfinder is offline   Reply With Quote