Thread: Snow!
View Single Post
Old 2008-12-23, 01:06   Link #27
Minorou
Hmm...

Send a message via AIM to Minorou Send a message via MSN to Minorou
Ah, snow... such a bittersweet relationship I have with it. I was born in the Sunshine State, and thus lived my younger childhood without the knowledge of the existence of snow. When my family moved up to Wisconsin and I saw my first snowfall, I was dead scared of the stuff. I couldn't make heads or tails of the cold white stuff that turned to water when you touched it. Thanks to friends, I eventually learned the joys of snow: snowball fights, snowforts, snowmen.

Then I grew up. And I had to shovel said snow off the driveway every few days. I did the math; I've shovelled several thousand pounds of snow in my lifetime. I eventually learned an extreme hated for cold weather in and of itself. Every winter my sinuses were permanently stuffed or runny, and my lips were always chapped. I longed for the day I graduated from high school to go out on my own and leave the state for warmer pastures. Eventually it happened, and now I'm happily going about in college back in Florida, very much enjoying my 80 F degree weather mid-December.

...I probably typed too much on the subject, but it was too fun to type the monologue. My hatred for snow/winter became a rather popular subject for my family to joke about and associate with.