View Single Post
Old 2014-04-23, 11:21   Link #34384
jjblue1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Renall View Post
Technically, we're never told in the VN which episodes are message bottle stories (except that Land was one of them and was lost). It's always been assumed that the two known message bottle stories were Legend and Turn but before the manga I don't know if there was confirmation of that. You're correct that there were claims regarding the authorship of Banquet/Alliance but in fairness the details around that were always pretty fuzzy.

The bigger problem would be a thematic one, or at least a plausibility gap. The text probably clarifies things though.
There was no confirmation that Legend and turn were messages in the bottles. What we were told was however that:

Quote:
Of all the Forgers, Itouikukuro was the one most highly regarded.
"......End of the Golden Witch. I've read that one. ......Seems you love killing off other people's families."
"Is that why you came all this way? Just to say that...? I think not, final descendant of the Ushiromiya family."
In her latest forgery, 'End', she killed off seven of my relatives, at least during the actual story.
No, if you count 'Alliance' and 'Banquet', the other forgeries she's made before now, then she's killed off most of my family in horrible ways, over and over again...
Of course I'd want to complain.
However, all of her works are known for being, in both form and level of completion, the closest tales to those written by 'Ushiromiya Maria' herself.
In particular, Itouikukuro's first forgery, 'Banquet of the Golden Witch', managed to show everything, including Ushiromiya Eva's escape to Kuwadorian. People wondered whether this might be the true story of Rokkenjima, and it even made it onto the talk shows...
This seems to imply the author of Banquet, Alliance and End is the same.
However there's to say the episodes we read are written from Battler's point of view when the narrator should be Maria so... are they remake?
Even Featherine says she used to watch Beato's gameboard from Battler's eyes and now she wants to watch Dawn through Ange's eyes... meaning maybe Battler was the reader/narrator?
jjblue1 is offline   Reply With Quote