Thread: Dating
View Single Post
Old 2011-05-13, 04:19   Link #8780
Sumeragi
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by RadiantBeam View Post
We were good friends for a number of years, and even after our fallout two years ago, he still treats my mother with kindness and respect, so I suppose she wanted him to come. It sort of puts me in an awkward position since she already extended the invitation and he wants to come, so I feel like the bad guy if I tell her I don't want him around.

Admittedly, part of the problem is I don't really feel settled on him, even now. I've avoided interacting with him for two years simply because I don't know how I'd be around him. I knew sooner or later I'd have to talk to him again, but I really wish I'd had more time, even if it's the coward's way out.
Wanting to have more time is not a cowardly thing. I don't know the circumstances of the breakup, but likely it's best for you to avoid making things possible worse for yourself.

I agree with Da_Box with having a friend next to you as much as possible. It would deflect most of the possible negative feelings you might get, while keeping things polite and civil.
Sumeragi is offline   Reply With Quote