View Single Post
Old 2012-10-22, 20:27   Link #4789
kokolores

Quote:
Originally Posted by darthfanta View Post
Rejecting or accepting someone's feelings is the basics of human socialization whether you are normal or 'not'. He should know this--and that a normal person's response as dictated by society is to give a definitive answer by either rejection or acceptance. He tries to evade responsibilities all the time--most of the time in the name of normality. To be honest though, the too young business is somewhat understandable but still BS to me. A lot of people I know were already dating one another when they were in the sixth year of primary school. It seems to me that the whole too young business was just an excuse to delay giving an answer.
And how many of those 6th graders were truly serious about their relationships? Unless things have changed drastically since I was at that age for most it's basically just playing around because it's the first time they really become aware of the other sex and it's limited to pretty much handholding and kisses at the most. At that young an age kids just aren't really capable of adult love. They aren't physically or mentally ready.

Look at Godou's situation. He has those hot girls throwing themselves at him pretty much willing to go all the way and he likes them all. Accepting or rejecting someone else's feelings may be the basis of human socialization as you put it, but love is the feeling where people mess up the most. It isn't something clear and easily defined.

If, when I was 17, a girl I liked had told me she wanted a relationship with a lifelong commitment, which is basically what those girls are doing to Godou, I wouldn't have wanted to give an answer either. On the one hand I like the girl, but on the other I'm only 17 and something like marriage is way beyond me. If it was four girls I liked equally who did the same thing I probably would have considered running for the hills.

A harem of beautiful girls may be some male fantasy, but in truth it has to be a clusterfuck. I have no idea how a stable and healthy relationship with a harem is even supposed to work. Going by divorce rates I'd say one man and one woman is already difficult enough for us humans.
kokolores is offline   Reply With Quote