View Single Post
Old 2014-02-13, 02:56   Link #398
Vegard Aune

So I would just like to say, when I first heard Rebellion's opening-theme, I was all "Same old misleadingly cheerful pop-song except this time nobody's fooled. MEH." Then later, thinking a bit more about what the song actually says, what the visuals show, plus the factors that I praise the ending theme to no end about,
Spoiler for I can't really mention what factors these are without heavily implying spoilers for the movie, so...:
also apply to the opening just as much (though the ending accomplishes it just through the song alone whereas I feel the opening really needs the visuals backing it up), it has occurred to me... No, the opening is not just the same old boring generic jPop-opening this time around. Or rather, it kinda is, but it's executed in a way that just makes it that much more relevant this time around. So yeah, that's two openings out of three for this series that I've gained a newfound respect for over time. (Luminous still strikes me as completely unremarkable.)

That said, Kimi no Gin no Niwa is and will forever remain a far better song than Colorful is as far as I'm concerned. Sudden realization of the latter song's ingeniusness notwithstanding, I still don't think I've heard a single ClariS-song that can compare to Kalafina's music. And KnGnN is to me the best song they've done since Magia, so...