Thread: Nintendo Wii
View Single Post
Old 2006-11-18, 21:00   Link #230
Urzu 7
Juanita/Kiteless

With this Jeff guy, it is hit or miss. I don't really care for his reviews, as I said, but the SMS review was something I was close to agreeing to, as someone else mentioned. I'm betting the Zelda:TP will continue to garner great acclaim from many journalists and I think that game looks great, but the SMS score, as someone said; his score was more realistic. I like Super Mario Sunshine a lot, but a mid 8 score seems pretty realistic. Heh, I usually don't think of games in scores though, when I personally play them and really enjoy them. If I play a game and I really enjoy it, it is a very good game. If I love it, it is a great game. I couldn't imagine being a reviewer and trying to quantify my level of enjoyment and satisfaction on something.

One instance I disagreed with Jeff is his verdict on MGS 3. He gave it an 8.6. Really good score, yes, but I found MGS 3 to be what I think is the best installment in the series, one of the best PS2 games, and a AAA title. I remember many Sony people flipping out over Jeff with that review, too.

Also, if you are planning to pick up a Wii at launch and don't have a preorder, better go to a morning opening of a store early. I went to a Super Walmart, they had 28 units, and I was number 30 in line. I left, and then called a local Best Buy, which is getting 87 units, and I'm going to be there at between 4am to 5am to ensure I can buy one at 9am (the guy said they expect most people to show up around 8 to 9, and that arriving around 4 to 5 am is a safe bet of getting a console.

Last edited by Urzu 7; 2006-11-18 at 21:13.
Urzu 7 is offline   Reply With Quote