View Single Post
Old 2012-12-19, 22:36   Link #343
Oroboro
Endless Sorceror

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverSyko View Post
Ever heard of what's done is done? No point in clinging on to things that have already happened, it's best to focus on the "now". If someone we know dies, we grieve and then we move on, it's mentally unhealthy to drown oneself in negative emotions.

As long as the person responsible receives the proper punishment (which in Kayaba's case, he did) I don't see any reason to dwell on the matter any more. They decided to disobey society's laws and now they're paying the price for it.

If they managed to get away with it all, now that's when I'd be angry.
Speaking for Kirito's perspective, he moved on and accepted his fate pretty early on. From the viewpoint of the players, Kayaba was less of a man and more of a force of nature. He swept them all up in his evil plan at the beginning, and then totally vanished. He was a non-entity, the only evidence of his presence was SAO itself.

When Sachi died, Kirito never thought "Damn Kayaba for trapping us all in here in the first place! I hate that bastard!" He blamed himself, because he couldn't protect them, because he lied about being a beater, because he was selfish. He already accepted the world of SAO as it was presented to him and his own place there, and Kayaba's role was a non-factor until the very end.

It's also important to remember that people had the option of never fighting and staying in the beginner town. While it wasn't an ideal existence, it was a safe one. Everyone out there fighting made the choice to do so, for any number of reasons.
Oroboro is offline   Reply With Quote