View Single Post
Old 2012-10-18, 19:28   Link #30907
Kealym

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiltias View Post
Thought I share this:
Found it interesting, not believing it though.
Well, that IS pretty interesting.
Disregards way, way too much of the story for me to really go with it, but damnit if I can entertain the idea of 6-year-old Ange as an evil mastermind who blew up her family, I can entertain this a little, too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiltias View Post
Just sounds to me like as if Ryukishi kinda implies that while there is an actual truth which is correct, there is also another truth that is correct and far better when overthinking the obvious and seeing the mistakes to reach a conclusion that is superior than the actual one.

Which is why I think there are two answers to Umineko.
Shkanon and something else.
Well, I agree, SORT OF?
To keep from getting into a rant, Ryukishi brings up a lot of ... well, interesting points in Chiru. very interesting. He seems to be a writer who's very aware of what he's doing as a writer, but is ... inconsistent in how he feels about it. "Fine the truth!", but then "No, you don't need the truth." Or "Fill witches with an entire barrage of stakes!" but then "Don't forget the heart." And then there's EP5's where both of the answers acknowledged as valid we are outright told are both wrong, anyway.

Is Battler/Erika's answer better? Certainly more interesting and clever ... or are they just overeager goats who didn't notice that there was clearly a drawing of a hunk of cheese that would not bend the way they suggest, right on the page? Are they ignoring the heart of childrens--puzzle-book-writer-dude..?

...unless, wait, maybe you're talking about Prime? Who the hell knows what he intends THAT answer to be. You may as well say he wrote the question, burned it, and handed you a blnk sheet of paper with some corner scraps of the burnt paper. All you can evens write is "Yup, there's some real burnt paper, here."
Kealym is offline   Reply With Quote