View Single Post
Old 2012-06-22, 14:05   Link #2050
broken270
Defying gravity

Spoiler for I agree with the following statements:

These are the reasons why I think we should stick with this years format for at least one more year before thinking in anything else would make it better. Like ion475 said, this year Nova division has girls like Angel Beats!, Ore no Imouto, Eucliwood, Charolette, and the like. By next year, they will be gone, and girls like Erio, Inori, and Aria can show off their true colors. I think the complaint here is that those from last year are dominating the newer girls and slowing them less potential. Considering where all of them statistically stand last year, isn't that pretty evident where they stand now compared to the newer girls. This is why I claim that if we wait one more year, we can see those girls as well as the other newcomers of next get the full potential they need while the Stella side would be ISML 2011 all over again.

This leads me to another thing that ion475 pointed out that I believe makes sense. Triple R, you stated that Nova should only be girls that appeared within one year. I fear what ion475 stated about having 4th/5th most popular girl of series coming in only to fill up space. I believe that one year just may be not enough time in the case of voting them in. You may state that two years is too much time, but I think two years is quite sufficient in that we can get to see girls like Haganai, Aria, and others to show their true worth against every other new girl here. I think the complaint is mostly going to happen for this year. Next year may have less qualms about this topic.

Upon the "Nova = girls who have not been to ISML before" idea, while yes, I agree that there may be people who would take high interest in it, myself included; however, I feel that that version of Nova would actually be more boring in terms of excitement. I think that that version would make an even finer line on where the top and bottom is (post 2011 vs everyone else). Sure, girls like Shirayuki (Aria), Ayase (Guilty Crown), and the Fire Sisters would be the exception of making noise at the top, but does one believe the same can be stated for girls like Madoka, Ika-Musume, and Ritsu? While I, too, would like to see such girls in ISML one of these days, by the end of the day, they are just not that popular as I would have liked them to be.