Thread: Licensed Hourou Musuko
View Single Post
Old 2011-07-14, 04:15   Link #175
tezu

I've been sensing doom ever since that Christmas chapter but I am really surprised that Shimura managed to pair up my favorite character with my least favorite one. The problem's not that Chiba is dating, but the person she is dating. Fumiya's been after her forever and yes, he hasn't done anything bad to her. Maybe he will help her change for the better and maybe he's earned some sympathy points when he was crying tears of joy after hearing Chiba's response, but he simply isn't likeable (I daresay the majority of the fandom dislikes him, too). Kou from Aoi Hana is in a similar situation, he's had unrequited feelings for Kyoko for ages but his personality is still very amiable...something went wrong with Fumiya's character - I even like this new guy (the timid one who keeps pining for Chiba) better xD

On a more positive note, Shuu has revealed his true identity to the cafe owner, so at least we get some decent development on this front. Takatsuki has been degraded to a side character, she rarely has any lines now...