View Single Post
Old 2012-08-30, 01:30   Link #4836
Eeni

Quote:
Originally Posted by FalsePrime View Post
That said, he again did Duo just fine so it makes me feel even better that we will get something to explain Duo's personality change in ME. Overall not bad, some really out of place shipping aside (Heero needing to shine brightly was just WTF???) but overall not bad.
Doubt we'll get an explanation other then, "Oh crap! I forgot I was married!"

Am I the only one who feels insulted at Heero's depiction here? Again, it feels so fanficy... "Is that my mission?" Really? Heero MUST have a mission to fulfill in order to live? He can never amount to anything else other then someone who needs to follow some orders given to him? What happened to the kid that was presented in Blind Target who, by all appearances was moving forward in his life? From the little that we were shown you get the impression that he's happy just blending into the world and being "normal" (whatever "normal" means to him). He even decided to hang up his gundam and go back to that normal life by the end of BT. In EW, he only acts when trouble is afoot, he doesn't wait around for someone to tell him there's some evil plan being hatched. He decides that he doesn't want to be used as a weapon anymore, and swears that he will never kill again. And yet again, he goes back to blending into the mundane, normal world. It took him half a series and an OVA, but he's finally listening to his heart. And now this...

I don't think I've ever seen so much nonsense in so little space. -FalsePrime

Stone Age man attempted to draw movement on cave walls by drawing mammoths with multiple legs. The artists worked until their eyes went bad, they got no pay, no credit, and they were eventually eaten by wild animals. Animation was born! - Tom Sito

And as the Black Beast lurched forward, escape for Arthur and his knights seemed hopeless, when suddenly, the animator suffered a fatal heart attack! The cartoon peril was no more. The quest for the Holy Grail could continue. - Monty Python and the Holy Grail
Eeni is offline   Reply With Quote