View Single Post
Old 2013-02-03, 09:54   Link #85
Kaijo
Banned

Location: Somewhere over the rainbow, in a house dropped on an ugly, old woman.
Send a message via AIM to Kaijo Send a message via MSN to Kaijo
Numbers are fairly subjective anyway. There are some series that I watch that are fairly boring early on (Mai Hime, Nanoha StrikerS), but that I feel get real good later. So I'll end up "feeling" that they deserve a high number. In SAO's case, I feel that each arc had their merits(SAO was unique, SLO had a tight story, both decently written), but also had their weaknesses(SAO's time skips and lack of Asuna, and ALO's little sister and lack of Asuna action), so they cancel each other out. Thus, if i had to give it a number, I'd say perhaps an 8 overall.

And I'd probably only give it that, because of the relative lack of good anime to compare it to in the past few seasons. I'm probably also betting that most people rate it higher, because the animation and music give's one a better impression of the series. With slightly worse animation and a non-outstanding sound track, it would probably be something most people would pass over. It helps also, that Yuki Kajura is one of my favorite music artists. I love her sound tracks, heh. So I'm willing to admit those aspects colored my view.
Kaijo is offline   Reply With Quote