Thread: Licensed Negima Manga Discussion
View Single Post
Old 2011-10-29, 11:06   Link #7578
AstroNerdBoy

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheCuriousFan View Post
He decided CE had the wrong idea and decided to give the opposition's plan a try?
Nah. As I see it, the true leaders of CE have a goal and they've come up with what they feel is the best plan to save the world. However, these same leaders would appear to be interested in seeing what someone else has in mind as a plan to save the world. They give them a chance and if they decide that the plan isn't going to get the job done, CE reserves the right to go forward with their own plan. I see that reflected in Fate at the moment.

Quote:
Originally Posted by chaosprophet View Post
I also wasn't much for the body possessing theory, but after ch 326 coupled with scenes on 325, I started giving it more credit. On ch 326 we see "Zect" acting as the leader of KE, seemingly being addressed by the constructs as their master, speaking in the same way as Life Maker does, and using the same clothes/cape LM used all the times we saw it appear. Even though scenes on 325 and on Rakan's movies indicates that at the battle 20 years ago, Zect and LM were two different individuals.
What is happening in 326 when Zecht is there and Fate awakens? You see his Ala Rubra outfit being (magically) covered by MotB clothing. As I saw it, this was Zecht resuming his role within CE because Nagi failed. MotB created the Magic World. As I see it (and I admit, I could be wrong), I think the woman MotB might very well be Amateru. I can see Zecht being her partner or even the MotB (it would fit symmetry since Eva and Negi were children when they became immortal). We already know that Zecht was called a youkai, not a human, and that he is very old.

There were also remarks regarding Zect's "death" in 267 and how there was surprise about it. Jack said he thought "that youkai" wouldn't die no matter how many times you killed him. Sound familiar? It should because that's how Negi has just been described. Deathless.

Earlier in the chapter, Zecht says that Nagi wasn't able to change anything, thus Zecht had rated Nagi's plan a failure. The scanlation uses "my," but the Twins went with "our" when Zecht basically curses Nagi to know his (our) 2600 years of despair. The Twins used "our" because they said it better fit the context of what was being said and the word used can be translated as "our" or "my." So, it is clear to me that Akamatsu-sensei is muddying the waters when he chooses a word that has two meanings. If the correct meaning is "our," then I'm correct and Zecht isn't possessed but revealing whom he truly is after Nagi defeated the female (or whomever). However, it if it "my," then yeah, the possession theory has more weight.

The possession theory may be the right one, but my sense of things is that this isn't correct; the chapters you cited as giving you pause to consider that theory caused me the opposite reaction.

Quote:
Nekane probably served as a mother figure to Negi so he didn't miss one as much as a dad figure. From what we saw on Negi past at the village he was very aware who his father is and that he was a hero. While in opposition they probably never talked about who was his mother, even if they knew it, as it should be a big deal that she was not only alive but had a children. Also another reason Negi cared so much about his father was, besides the fact they told him he was dead, Negi himself knew he was still alive after meeting him that day. When it comes to his mom, they probably told him she died and he had no reason to think otherwise.
I agree that Nekane acted as a motherly-figure which is why Negi called her "oneechan." (As an aside, it is interesting that Asuna has been cited as looking very similar to Nekane and smelling like Nekane.)

However, here's the issue: Nagi never saw Negi born. Negi's village all knew Nagi. It seems rather unlikely that they wouldn't know Negi's mother, especially since she is Queen Arika. Otherwise, how would they take a newborn and accept the claim that this was the son of the infamous Nagi. To accept such a claim, they would either need some massive, mind-altering spell cast on the entire village to make them believe this tale without proof OR they know the truth. Arrangements would seem to have been made by Nagi to have his child raised in that village, probably his own home village. Those arrangements would likely have also included giving birth to Negi.

That's how I see it, at least. ^_^

--> AstroNerdBoy on YouTube! - Where I mostly do gaming videos. Help me hit my subscription goals by subscribing today! 😁

--> AstroNerdBoy on Twitch! - Currently, streaming every Friday night at 9pm ET/6pm PT. Impromptu streams when FGO events are going on. Love to see you there! 😆

AstroNerdBoy is offline   Reply With Quote