View Single Post
Old 2006-07-09, 21:17   Link #886
PaPe
The chibi mistress

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demongod86
Stupid...so, so stupid...Zidane earned that cup more than any other man there.

And as for that ref...Zidane had 10 minutes in his CAREER...not just the game, HIS CAREER. People were debating whether or not the other refs saw it...the main one definitely didn't...that last one shoulda just kept his mouth shut. And come on, it would have been all the funnier if Zidane didn't get called out on that...Mattaloser says something racist, Zidane decks him, pwns in the shootout, France wins the cup, and he becomes a laughingstock. But instead, everything had to go the wrong way.

Is it right that Italy won the world cup because that idiot got Zidane kicked out on a provocation (and didn't get penalized in any way whatsoever for it)? The refs were such BS.
The Final of the World Chanpionship is not a friendly match for the sake of saying goodbye to a player. A headbutt is a really serious fault and Zidane got what he deserved. As for the referees the 2nd, 3rd and 4th men aren't there for the sake of decorating but for the sake of helping the main referee taking decisions where he hasn't a clear view of what happens. Exactly what happened.

On the Materazzi argument, I'm totally sick of people calling him a racist just for the sake of it. Have you read his mouth? Have you understood what he said? Do you have any video proof to let us see what he said?
The only semiofficial source (it was implied reading the mouth, but since I don't have the footage I can't read Materazzi's mouth myself) I read about what he said was that he talked about Zidane possible implication (the trial is still open I think) in a steroid scandal of his older team.

Zidane is no pure maiden, it's the second time he gives vicious headbutts and he also stomped intentionally on another player. He is a violent player, it's a fact that is also a very very good one. Stop speaking as if he was a pure virgin that wouldn't have done that if he hadn't been called a dirty @&%#, he would and he had done such things without racist comments. Moreover if Materazzi was the scumbag you are speaking of he would react to an headbutt with a punch or a kick. Alas for you, he isn't.

France lost not because there wasn't Zidane, but because they weren't able to score. The only point they did was on a desputable penalty. Even though they had been the preassuring team since the second half, they weren't able to create an action that ended in a goal. Italy didn't stole any win, they played a very tense match and won it cleanly.

Last edited by PaPe; 2006-07-09 at 21:41.
PaPe is offline   Reply With Quote