View Single Post
Old 2012-08-29, 05:26   Link #30237
Captain Bluebeard
Detective, Witch, Pirate.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoldenLand View Post
Technically? I suppose that would mean what Ryukishi means when he himself says that he's got no talent as an artist. His art is the sort which would never be good enough for professional manga, the sort where for his VNs many people complain about his art being bad and say they wish they had the PS3 editions. Some of that will be because it's not what people are used to from professional art.
Yeah, he's not really good in that respect. (Am I crazy for wanting to see huge-hands CGs drawn by him???)

Quote:
But I'm not particularly disillusioned, no, since I already didn't think the expressions in the PS3 versions were as good as Ryukishi's. Maria's PS3 trollface is definitely lacking in expression.
It's like she's autistic or something. Well, but I don't compain since the PS3 sprites of Bern are simply gorgeous (as long as she doesn't do the laugh, Alchemist doesn't have a good chemistry with trollfaces).

Quote:
Originally Posted by GabrieliosP View Post
I'm 1000000000000000000000000000% sure I have read Forgery n.XXX in the Umineko wiki BEFORE Ougon Cross was released.

I just went and checked: Forgery n.XXX was published in Umineko's wiki in July 2011 and Umineko Hane was released alongside Ougon Cross in december 2011.
Quote:
Originally Posted by AuraTwilight View Post
Yes, but Forgery No.XXX, which was adapted into Umineko Hane later, came out almost a half year earlier.
Oh, then my facts are wrong, sorry.

Quote:
He's the exact same sort of existence as Eva-Beatrice. I would argue that both of that are shapes of the same metaphorical Black Witch; the perceived ugly invisioning of people; the opposite of the sugarcoating fantasies Maria believed in.

And since Battler Culprit Theory became EXTREMELY popular in Japan since EP6 onward, I think it's perfectly natural for Ryukishi to acknowledge the theory; perhaps Black Battler's over the top nature is a sly form of trying to discredit it.
I meant what purpose does he serven within the narrative of Umineko itself. None. I never really was a fan of Extra TIPS anyway. If you wanna say something, say it within the story. You've got 8 long EPs, damn it. That's plenty of room for many ideas.

P.S: The Battler Culprit theory? Really? Even with the EP5 reds that Battler is innocent. Battler didn't kill anyone? People sure have a twisted imagination.

It's tough to be blue...
Captain Bluebeard is offline   Reply With Quote