View Single Post
Old 2011-09-25, 18:25   Link #6
Warm Mist

So, anyone up to analyze the OP? supposedly, it gives hints to the end of the story. What comes to my head when I search for that in the opening are this passage of the lyrics:
"the clamorous city making noise
I tried to keep an ear out for all this
In a world that's about to end", mixed with the twins falling on the screen and literally disintegrating (pay attention to when they are almost at
the bottom of the screen). So we could guess that something REALLY bad will happen/happened to them (don't know if death), and it probably will be exposed to the general public and maybe cause a massive shitstorm.

Just after that, Ringo's hand is seen dropping the diary to follow the twins (in the series, the twins are following the diary, maybe this implies a
reversal of circumstances?); after that, Himari takes the spotlight, and then , when the "world is about to end" phrase is finishing,
someone (I'm guessing it's also Ringo) drops the infamous apple that symbolizes a shitton of things (the universe, fate, a reward for the ones
who chose love, human's knowledge, the original sin, temptation, whatever floats your boat).

We also see the Pingroup logo transforming into the KIGA logo while below the twins, and also the KIGA logo transforming into Penguin
Force logo right before the Princess of the Crystal appears. What is this suggesting? the three factions are the same shit with different
disguises?, or at least, they're fundamentally connected in some way, the three of them, and that is probably related directly to the Takakura
family.

After that, we see the "Ringo burn" scene that implies the death/despair(whatever, I'm not sure in this) of Ringo, while the lyrics say "I'm past
the point of no return, far over my limit". Pretty easy to relate that to Ringo's situation over her family and her delusions.
Masako's passage has the pattern in the background blacked out, except for the "loop" symbol that shines red. So this idea of "loop" seems to
be the most important to her, among with the memory-loss spheres that also appear prominently. "Even your absolute control has crumbled"...
she is always saying things about crushing someone/something, but I can't really relate this to anything until now. Probably foreshadowing
that things will go bad for her and her "mysterious girl that is dominating the events" image will crumble down.

I'm totally lost at Tabuki's+Yuri's+Sanetoshi's passage, ""The End of the World is just a hypothesis" is what I'm crying out from the other
side of the binary world line".
The quote marks (if they're intended in the japanese karaoke-less OP) imply that someone textually said that/is going to say that, probably
Tabuki or Yuri. And just when Sanetoshi appears, we get the concept of "binary world line" along with the enormous loop image that is
dividing into two "half loops", or in other words, if we consider the loop symbol as the world line (as in, "the world is cyclic"), this cycle would
be split into two equal parts, we get a binary world line.

The part that interests me the most in this opening is the last scene, just after the supposed sarin containers. The twins are trying to hold hands,
stay together, but they're separated by an unknown force (KIGA logo is in the background). Just after that, one of them (or maybe a totally
different guy) falls on the middle of the screen with his face blacked out , So I'm guessing the question of his identity is going to be an
important thing in the series, as he seems directly related, and also a triggering point for the 95 event. This could mean a lot of things, from
the boy representing a mix of the two twins that are key to the Saring Gas Attacks to the twins literally converting/being origined by one
simple entity, thus enhancing the hypotesis that they're not complete.

Now this is what gets me. Just after the 95 appears, all the KIGA logos surrounding it become Penguin Force logos, suggesting one of two
things:
1- KIGA was responsible for the attack and then later, they transformed into Penguin Force, that had different ideals that sprouted from that
attack's consequences.
2- Penguin Force is responsible for the attack, and is also trying to take over KIGA.

The final shots are the three penguins, an apple being picked up and the twins "looking after" Himari in her sleep.
I don't know, I said everything that I could think of the OP in this wall of text, someone mind helping to solve my confussion?