View Single Post
Old 2007-06-20, 16:50   Link #21
Ansa

Honestly I just think people can't understand her more then anything, she may not have had the worst life but what people fail to realize even if that's true what's happened to her has effected her more so psychologically then any other character (except Hinamori but she's out of commission anyway), it's because of these thats she's so desperately trying to be of use because she's afraid of all the other people she knows and cares about will either leave her or end up dead, through it all she's always putting on a cheerful face that everyone else sees through but no one's really tried to help, to Ichi and the rest they feel as though just being besides Orihime is enough but they don't realize the very depth of nurturing she needs because of her lack of a real family growing up which is generally why she acts so childish for her age, and she clings onto Ichigo because first off obviously she's in love with him but because she's afraid that if she doesn't that he'll just forget about her or she'll lose what she may consider the only 'family' she has left.

I can see why people really dislike her but I really don't think she's really had a time to truly express herself, sure she's actually given a large part of the storyline (majorly this arc) but throughout it all what depth have we actually seen of how she is really feeling, about all we're really told is that A. She's afraid of being useless (and thinking that her friends will abandon her, a good support of this is when the store clerk guy who's name I can't remember right now tells her that he's leaving her out of the fight against the Arrancar, she's really yet to truly realize how frighteningly powerful she really is and she took this as that she's useless when as we already know it was meant to avoid her getting targeted by Aizen). And that she really cares about Ichigo the rest of it (such as living alone or her parents/brothers deaths) is only mentioned every so often.

I really can't guess where her character is going, honestly I can see a few outcomes among those being that she dies a very pitiful death which is the only time she really gets a chance to express herself (this would likely be done in order to advance the overall storyline and get Ichigo really, REALLY pissed off), the other ideas I have for her future are really going to be based off what happens in the rest of this arc honestly.

One other thing I'd thought I'd mention has anyone noticed that her powers almost resemble that of a child's idea of a power? What I mean is that it's as if her powers (no matter what they are as we still don't have any kind of idea how/where her powers came from, Chad also has strange powers but we got a general idea of his already) are actually a physical form of a family she always wanted to have, not only that but as to the childish aspect they are fairy's that cast magic spells, it's almost as if it'd be in a child's picture book or something like that, I really think that has meaning that we have yet to really see. Thinking about it, it may be far to soon to consider killing her off.

And if she continues to live past this arc I've really got to wonder... what would happen if something WOULD (if only temporally) happen to Ichigo? Thinking about it I get 3 outcomes, the first is that she breaks down completely is becomes completely lost in her own mind, the second is that she goes completely insane and massively kills whoever hurt Ichigo... the third... well... it may depend on whatever happens in the future but honestly I can see her losing control of her powers in such a way that the rest of the cast has simply no choice but to kill her...

Yes I feel sorry for Orihime.