View Single Post
Old 2010-07-04, 12:21   Link #69
Skyfall
Lost in my dreams...

If there is a way how an animated 4koma would look, this would be it. Liked the camera work at start (and the OP), added a nice feeling of quirky energy, and quirky is definitely one thing this show is. As with all things humor, you either like it or you don't, and while the very start of the show i was reeling on the fence, i quickly developed a taste for these one-minute gags.

The characters are an oddball bunch to be sure, which worked together nicely with the deadpan male lead who couldn't really care less about their antics, tough luck for him. Can't blame the guy for feeling worn out though, being around the seemingly serious but at the same time blatantly perverted Shino, the seemingly sisterly but actually laid back goes-with-the-flow Aria, to the small (and angry) animal-like Suzu ... yeah, i can see why he would feel constantly worn out

All in all this was a very entertaining first episode, with a mostly fresh feel to the humor thanks to the directing, i only hope they can keep the style going and don't run out of fresh gags; thus far, my favorite comedy of the season.