Thread: Licensed Berserk Film Trilogy
View Single Post
Old 2012-06-04, 05:38   Link #216
Lumir

Quote:
Originally Posted by OliverTwist View Post
Just watched this today. The CGI was pretty terrible in places and I don't see why they went with it really. Judging by this one I don't believe it'll be toned down much at all though which is good.

Watching this just makes me want to go back and watch the series rather then wait for the other two movies.
I didnt mind the CGI so much, though having seen the anime series I can see how it could seem out of place. I also got the same feeling of the true brutality of war killing ect, though rushed in order to fit the time restrictions.

TBH I felt the same way about just re-watching the anime series. This movie trilogy is nice but no where near the anime. But thats to be expected as there is so much more time and content to develop with a anime series (and that classic sound track the anime presented).

I kind of wonder what my opinion would be if I hadnt seen the anime. This movie would probably have seemed quite puzzling and I would feel full of questions, ultimately I would just watch the anime series. I wonder if thats the goal of the producers.