View Single Post
Old 2006-01-16, 15:48   Link #66
Sugetsu
Kurumada's lost child

My representation of a good villain is someone who can blend in perfectly with the society and is able to make friends and manipulate the hearts of those who love him in order to convey his selfish ideals.

1. Johan from Monster: One would never realize that this guy is a cold blooded killer able to do commit the most atrocious crimes against society unless you follow the anime closely. He has a warm smile, clam eyes, and a soft voice. His father and mother are very proud of him; to them he is just a loving and caring adopted child. He is one the best students at college. He loves children and enjoys their company. Yet, only few know that all his previous parents have been mysteriously murdered in a crime scene so perfect and well planed that nobody has been able to figure out who did such a thing. And, nobody would ever believe he could drive children to suicide. This guy is extremely convincing and manipulative. His physic skills will leave you speechless. The fact that monster is such a realistic anime enhances Johan's extraordinary evil skills. He is by far the most complex and interesting villain I have seen in my entire anime career.

2. Griffith from Berserk: He is your best friend, the helping hand who reaches upon your shoulder when you most need it, an example to all his comrades in battle and source of great pride to the band of hawk, due to the exemplary manner in which he carries himself everyone who "knows" him truly believes he is the perfect human being. Yet, this individual is the purest manifestation of egocentrism and selfishness and he will do anything he can to achieve his dreams.

So please do yoursefl a favor and watch Monster and Bersek to fully enjoy what a real villains are made of