View Single Post
Old 2007-05-14, 06:41   Link #12
wao
OK.

Here the equivalent of high school is for students 17-18 (not counting polytechnic, that would be 17-19)... If it was for that time in my life from 13-16, known as "secondary school" here, I have to say the last two years of that were by far the best of my life so far - I had a class which was probably the closest a class could ever get to my ideal one, full of genuinely interesting and fun people. I changed a lot that year, became a lot more independant, proactive, genuinely interested in learning and getting to know other people - needless to say my grades improved significantly as well.

But if you're talking about high school (i.e. now) from 17-18, then... ugh. I hate it. I want to get out of it ASAP. Let's just say that I can't get along with most of my class and most of them don't get along with me, the lessons are painfully uninteresting and most of my teachers are depressingly dry, and so much of the emphasis is on getting good marks rather than creative learning... and well, I wisely decided to take a subject combination that has two courseworks for the national exam.

Unlike you American folks graduating in the middle of this year, I have all the way until November until my exams finish... orz

It's not like I dislike studying, but I simply can't get the disturbingly fanatic way some people do it. I guess I'm just lazy >_> Too bad.