View Single Post
Old 2012-11-08, 04:16   Link #38
Hyper
Irregular Hunter

I guess real women will laugh at how naive he is, and he lose some point for initially decided not to kept his word. Still, I'll give Ishiki a great bro character status. *held out bro fist*

I laughed so hard this episode. I mean they pulled all their usual skill in making dramatic scenes and apply it to intentionally exagerated situations. The result are these ridiculous scenes which are clearly jokes but have great drama feel to them. I know my explanation does not make sense but really, they are just comedy golds. Also, I can only agree that Nibutani and Dekomori are a great comedy pair. I'm really curious now about what novel's Nibutani is like.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Serphirs View Post
God, it's so hard for me to be 100% objetive when I see a masterfully animated chapter like this. Chiyoko Ueno was the same AD in the Nichijou's reindeer chapter. And I really was expecting some crazy animated moments, but if I had to praise something, by far and over the vivid animation, is the screenplay/storyboard for more than 90% of the chapter that was absolutely magnific. (In train scene for example)
I've always liked how Kyoani disposes "camera" moves, angles, and its contrast with background lights, so when they capitalize their strengths so good in chapters like this, for me it's just pleasure to my eyes.
Not sure why but I really like the holding hand scene. I think it was Rikka playing around as usual, at least consciously. It reminded me of what ultimatemegax brought up last time about how chuu2koi portray a realistic scene in a fantastic (as in imaginary/whimsical) way. There is absolutely nothing strange or special in that situation, yet it does has this huge dramatic feel to it without any need for words. (Real one, not as a joke like what I talk about last paragraph.) I guess it is something I always appreciate from a good anime. It use the advantage of the medium to empower the storytelling instead of just "animate" the scene.

And of course, can't wait to see what will happen next episode.

Last edited by Hyper; 2012-11-08 at 04:24. Reason: Add quote by Serphirs since I think it's appropriated.