View Single Post
Old 2009-04-22, 22:54   Link #77
DragoonKain3
Osana-Najimi Shipper

Quote:
I don't think you understand the trouble needed to instal a CW on the PSP.
Trouble? Installers and downgraders are available with step by step procedures. Esepecially if you compare CFW of two years back to now, its SSSSOOOOO much easier. The effeciency of it actually scares me.

Quote:
and i had to buy a pandora battery, so it's not as free as you may think
Did you know that you can make your own pandora battery even without a v1.5 firmware or CFW, all done with the tools in your own home? I never thoguht it was possible either, until a friend of mine said he didn't buy his battery and I knew he already upgraded his to the latest firmware. XD

Quote:
Now to clarify things i said easier. The cost is really not that relevant, considering that who plans to get free games is planning to spend less money in the long term.
But your typical pirater is the average high school/college student (at least in NA). They already spent a lot of money on the system... every dollar counts to them. And if they can do something on their free time rather than spend even more money, they'd do so.

Really, you're underestimating the value of cost to the pirater, since its these people whose line of thinking is NOT lowering costs over the long run, but whose line of thinking is more towards getting things as free as possible at every opportunity.

As such, I really don't agree with the notion that the DS has a higher piracy rate than the PSP. At least it isn't the case in my area, and I pretty much listed the reasons why. And judging by how it looks like in China, I don't think my area is an isolated case.

Quote:
Originally Posted by meh
Doesn't this just reinforce the idea that it's not pirating that's hurting PSP, but rather the fact that PSP isn't selling that's the problem?
Oh yeah, I'm on the same boat my friend. I pretty much said before its not really piracy thats killing PSP, but the fact that the DS is kicking its ass for the umpteenth time thats the biggest factor.

But try convincing a developer that high piracy rate on a console is a 'good thing'. And the more developers that gets scared of making games for a particular console, the sooner the death of that console. A consoles overall health is not just the console sales alone, but also its software sales. After all, a console can't be considered to still be alive if there's nothing at all to pirate lol.
DragoonKain3 is offline   Reply With Quote