Thread: Nintendo 3DS
View Single Post
Old 2011-12-27, 07:57   Link #1018
Vallen Chaos Valiant
Logician and Romantic

I just tried playing Dragon Quest Joker 2 on my DSi for the first time, and immediately after reading the game guides I am already turned off.

There are entire groups of game monsters I cannot get unless I tag TEN people, TEN!

This game is ancient, I don't think anyone else even play it any more. And yet because of this stupid "feature" I am now locked out of a large chunk of the game because of tagging.

What does that have to do with 3DS? Plenty, because 3DS also has tagging. And I am seriously now considering abandoning all thoughts of ever buying a 3DS purely because I hate the tag requirements. I want my single player RPG, damn you. Each successive game only got worse and worse. At least with DQIX I can get a new tag by starting a new game on a different cartridge of my spare DS, but with Joker 2 I need UNIQUE DS game consoles! The only way for me to get ten tags is to literally buy 8 more DSis!

I feel like I am being stabbed in the face repeatedly by the tag feature. Never again; I will never buy another game that isn't truly single-player. And by the looks of it, this includes all 3DS RPG games.

Last edited by Vallen Chaos Valiant; 2011-12-27 at 08:09.
Vallen Chaos Valiant is offline   Reply With Quote