Thread: Licensed + Crunchyroll Maoyuu Maou Yuusha
View Single Post
Old 2013-01-05, 12:10   Link #482
Arya

Watched this first episode and if I have to be honest I'm a bit ambivalent. Not that I was expecting anything about it, I didn't know much about the show. Somehow it reminded of Koi to Senkyo to Chocolate. There is a serious thread, then the "romance" and the comedy. But in this case the comedy and the romance are one.
Anyways, I feared a bit the heroine once I first saw her design, but in the end I liked her, thanks even to her seiyuu that really gave a more serious feeling despite her comedic behavior, that I enjoyed. The fake horn has been priceless. I liked less the MC.
What didn't work to me, but I know it is an introductive episode, is the merging of the two aspects. I mean, the way he "gave up" fighting felt a bit cheep, counting that the bond seems to be for the eternity She dished out tons of explanations, but somehow I don't think he would have reacted in the same way if the demon had been a real male one.
Probably I just need to get accustomed to the comedic aspects.
I didn't like even the animation, I don't like CGI, and they abdicated to it in behalf of the boobs department. Apparently they hired the HOTD boobs dynamics engineer here
All in all, despite I really don't like the "'I'm an Alien and for alien reasons I'm in love with you" trope that to me is equivalent to say, ok, we give up on the romance aspects of the show in behalf of the rest, I'm curios about the economics and war aspects of the show and from what I read here there are other sound characters in the series.
Hopefully they will avoid any harem tropes or at least keep them to the minimum

The meaning of things lies not in the things themselves, but in our attitude towards them.
Arya is offline   Reply With Quote