View Single Post
Old 2017-04-08, 21:03   Link #21
Irenesharda

A really great opening episode, shooting up this series as my favorite of the season thus far.
So much has changed in only 10 years, the balance of power has shifted greatly, and the humans have become arrogant in their power. I like our new characters as well as the return of our old ones.
Nina is cute, her intro scene really reminded me of the "Belle" song in Beauty and the Beast, even down to the saying good morning to everyone and her greeting the baker.

Her going off the handle every time she's around a handsome guy would be quite a problem though.

Charioce (is he the son of the wimpy king of last season?) is beloved by the people, but there is obvious desent in the ranks of his actual soldiers. He seems to be all about making the human race superior, using forbidden powers to kill the gods and enslave the demons. (Don't think I didn't notice that both the fighters against the gods and the slave collars around the demons' necks all seem to be powered by some lime-green energy. And Lime-Green power always equals evil!)

And yet, we see he has a nice side in the pv where he's on a date with Nina? So I'm wondering who our young king is here? He's clearly evil, but they are actually giving him some depth. I wouldn't be surprised if he's being used by some other power either.

Nina, I can't help but think she is somehow connected to both Amira and Bahamut. She seems to have traits of both and with her being the main character, I can't help but think she's got some connection to the titular dragon.

I like Azrael's new role in being a freedom fighter for his people. He really has changed since we first met him, and yet he's still similar too. I was interested in Mugaro, his new sidekick, since he (she?) seems to use more god-like power than demon power (gold, rather than purple energy), so I'll be interested in seeing more about him.

Kaiser didn't do much, but he seems to be in conflict between his loyalty to the ruling power as a knight and the fact that his king is doing things that go against his own moral code.
Rita makes a very short return so I will be interested in seeing her role.

Quote:
Originally Posted by orion View Post
Nina........

Hate to see how a town would survive her dating!
Well, the PV shows her going on a date with a in-disguise Charioce, so she will be able to control herself at least to some degree. Or maybe Rita does something that helps to put a limiter on her?

- Major Kyosuke Hyobu
Irenesharda is offline   Reply With Quote