Thread: News Stories
View Single Post
Old 2009-04-07, 17:47   Link #2148
Sazelyt
Μ ε r c ü r υ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anh_Minh View Post
Wrongfully a jerk? What the hell does that mean? If you're talking about defamation and libel laws - sure, there are. If you present things that are factually untrue as being otherwise. That doesn't cover caricature. Which, by the way, the "offended parties" also practice. So how about some reciprocity, uh? Being touchier and more violent doesn't make you more right. Or entitled.

And a propos of nothing, your posts offend me. I really want to punch you in the face right now. Or burn your country's flag. Or whine about it on the internet, anyway. So how about you shut up? I mean, isn't that how you work?
Reading that post, I see why there is a significant need for stopping leisurely offending people triggering genocide kind of actions around the world. Because they are incapable of thinking the results, and even if they are aware, they feel no responsibility at all. Because they don't care. They don't care if theirs mindless actions result in another's death. They are not hurt, so that is what it only matters. And everything so nicely follows under the heading of freedom of speech. If you cannot stop yourself, then the laws should stop you.