View Single Post
Old 2010-11-13, 19:21   Link #70
Midnight Bliss
Radiant as the sun;
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Midnight Bliss
I really don't think she's a bad heroine, at all. She's clumsy, and so is about 1/4 about every anime character in the world, yet people still love clumsy characters. Rihoko is a funny and cute girl, and one thing that's admirable about her is that she's known forever that her love for Junichi has always been one sided, yet she doesn't give up. Even though the funny moments were failures, they're funny, and she's not a horrible character. If she's lacking willpower and motivation, then why is she still trying to make her one sided love for Junichi a mutual love after all this time?
I understand the arc's pacing, development, and story has been the lowest out of all the arcs so far, but Rihoko isn't really an unlikeable character, just because she's clumsy. She's got her good points, too. It's like saying Haruka isn't a good character because she's too eccentric, or because Kaoru is too tomboyish, or Sae because she's too shy, or Ai because she teases so much, all of them have individual characteristics that define them, and they're all good heroines. If clumsiness is something that defines Rihoko, so be it, it doesn't make her a bad character. I personally think it makes her cute and funny. She's not stupid or incompetent, she's just a cheerful and clumsy girl, and it's really not her fault about the arc's pacing, because I'm sure the pacing in the vn is different and better. It doesn't matter if she's not good at anything. I'd rather see her as a clumsy, cute girl who tries her best than a mary sue/perfect at everything girl that thinks she's the best at everything and shows off about it.