View Single Post
Old 2007-11-27, 14:46   Link #9
Dean_the_Young
Has a life IRL

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr_Paper View Post
Threads like that are best left alone until a series has run its course, in my opinion.

Only seven episodes into a series which should run to fifty-two after the break, no one is in any position to argue which characters are over or underrated. Heck, at this point there are most likely several key or major characters which have yet to even be introduced. I stand by my opinion that those types of threads are best left until a series has ended and we can actually make a reasonable measure of the character's contributions, merits and worth.

Also, as a more personal comment, not every thread needs a poll. I've always found that the conversation gets more interesting when one has explain their opinion rather than select an option, vote and contribute nothing more than a name on a list to a thread.
Actually, I didn't even consider a poll for the "most underrated" thread, or even that it be necessarily a 00 thread. I could do a fair deal on Jerid and the Titans, my favorite villain group of gundam, despite how most people see him as a clown. I'm not used to character polls period, but rather more open-ended threads without a real measure.

Which is what I think your last paragraph was touching on.
Dean_the_Young is offline   Reply With Quote