View Single Post
Old 2011-01-06, 20:04   Link #21353
Used Can

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaisos Erranon View Post
Actually, if Rei IS Land of the Golden Witch I expect it to be labeled 'Episode 3'.

I heard something about Beatrice bringing up Land in Ep8, or was that a fake spoiler?
It shouldn't. When Ange mentioned the letters in the bottle to Beatrice, she sad she found it sad that only two made it to the shore and that "Land," her masterpiece, didn't reach the public was a pity.

Spoiler:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaisos Erranon View Post
I do wish Ryukishi had included something of that nature, (especially considering that Umineko is a game, not a book) such as a final choice about "opening the box" or not.
Well, you can possibly reach a truth, even if it wasn't disclosed, I think. There are enough factors:

- Yasu = Beatrice (we also know her background and apparent motive)
- There's a big hint about her plan being nothing more than a play, which was quite possibly hijacked
- We also have Rudolph and Kyrie as tentative culprits (I'm going by Ange's reaction to the truth here)

So, if you piece all of this together, you can end up, I believe, with a rather solid theory. Of course, you have nothing to compare it with, and know if you're right. However, I think that's better than nothing, and somewhat satisfying.