View Single Post
Old 2008-09-02, 22:38   Link #1305
kir44n
#1 Delinquent

This episode, hell- this show, has been pretty frickin amazing. And considering how many posts are generated every week in response to each & every episode is pretty much a testament to this. Mind, the flaming has been pretty vicious this week, but amusing nonetheless. I will disagree with some of the posts that think lelouch will go the way of "death note" though.

Lelouch has already gone past the point where it is impossible for him to get a good end. His parents were self-serving as#$@%^s who "protected the children they truly cared about" by mind-f@#$ing them, and then banishing them to a nation they were going to invade & take over anyways. His sister, who he fought for and fought to protect is dead. His first love & close relative friend is (and has been) quite dead. AND C.C. has reminded him last episode that this still wants to frickin die. Anything he attains at the end of the show will not be a good end.

That being said, I don't think he'll have a necessarily bad end either. I think he'll take the role-reversal from being the "underdog protagonist in the shadows" and defend himself and his position from attack by Schneizel. Its certainly an innovative idea in any case. And I don't think he plans to throw his life away after all is said and done & die with C.C. If he wanted to die, he could have let "Gendo" finish his fun and play in Tang. In wishing for there to be a Tomorrow, he wanted to be there. He just has to defend tomorrow against Schneizel.

Mind, I've been wrong before. Hell, maybe Schneizel is planning to throw kittens from orbit to destroy Guren & Kallen in front of lelouch's eyes before one lands on his hat . Four episodes gives them plenty of time to give us the type of mind games that Hideaki "Screw you all to hell" Anno would be proud of.
kir44n is offline   Reply With Quote