View Single Post
Old 2008-01-07, 00:46   Link #146
yangxu

Quote:
Originally Posted by theacefrehley View Post
Your theory makes sense

And besides,
If I'm not mistaken, Genji supervised the construction of the mansion and until the end he said there's no secret passage.

I think that by the situation they were in the last 2 chapters, if he really knew a secret passage, he would blurt it out already. It was obvious that someone was out there killing everybody. Unless he believed he would be spared
If Kinzo ordered him not to say anything about any secret rooms, as a loyal servant who's only role is to repay Kinzo's kindness, Genji will probably remain silent till his death. And if Kinzo continuously blabs about his willingness to sacrifice anything in exchange to see Beatrice's smile again, with Genji standing besides him, I believe Genji should be cunning enough to realize what's about to come, especially with all the black magics his master has been practicing.

It seems that when Krauss showed his wife the piece of gold he found, the room they stayed in at that time was a secret room; based on this alone, Genji must've been lying to everybody else. While I'm not really a fan of Conan and his "there must be a secret room somewhere", I believe certain things in this game can only be explained using secret rooms.