View Single Post
Old 2010-09-17, 01:56   Link #505
Lord of Fire
The Voice of Reason

Quote:
Originally Posted by GMT View Post
I always get a bit nervous when people clamor for a third season of this show. I mean, how many episodes of cute hijinks can one make before it starts to get repetitive? I mean, yes, there's the Azusa continues the legacy of the Sakura High Light Music Club, and that looks like it's going to be good for one bonus episode . . . but what happens after that? Does the show writing staff do the edgy thing and let the girls of HTT fade into history? Or do the original four make so many "guest appearances" that they completely steal the spotlight? Or perhaps they follow the original four into college. Will they do a believable rendition of the girls in college? Or will they bow to the terrible will of the otaku and make it just like the girls in high school; only they're in college? And what happens to Azusa and whatever band she cobbles together?

I'd like to think that a third season could be really well done, but I'm also very much afraid that such an endeavour stands an excellent chance of being done just to milk the cash cow.

So, as sad as I'll be to see K-ON!! go; I'm of the opinion that, perhaps, it's better to go out on top.
This.

As much as I love this show, we've seen pretty much all there is to see. An OVA or two after the series end, showing how far the band has progressed and the characters evolved would be nice (not counting the one we'll get in March), but a full third season? I think that would be asking for too much of a good thing and would eventually disappoint fans who expect a whole lot out of it.

Of course, that doesn't stop fans from already e-mailing Kakifly, bugging him about making more K-ON!, so right now, it's anyone's guess what's going to happen.