View Single Post
Old 2013-03-15, 12:32   Link #32038
haguruma

Send a message via ICQ to haguruma Send a message via MSN to haguruma
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wanderer View Post
I did think it might read that way (thanks for the confirmation/clarification), but I still don't see how "revising the plot structure of the When They Cry universe" could mean something other than a new When They Cry. Considering the content of the rest if his message, I'm pretty certain that he at least wants to make a new When They Cry.
Well, I think we just need to remember how long they milked the Higurashi cow and tweaked and twiddled here and there on the Higurashi part of "When They Cry". Could also be that he is simply planning some more additions to Umineko, as the manga is coming close to an end, a bridge work between several of the earlier entries, or simply some bonus stuff he wants to throw into Rose Gun Days.

Btw. has anybody else already read how the scene of Battler's realization in the ???? Part of EP5 turned out in the manga? Didn't have the time or money to get it till now.
I kind of liked it how they inserted a young Battler making the promise to "Beatrice" back then, it makes the whole scene a little bit clearer about what he actually realized when he said that "The goal wasn't down in Hell, but at the summit of mount purgatory where the eternal maiden Beatrice awaits."

And I think I finally understand what the hell the hint in that scene was and feel pretty dumb. Battler awakens and finds Beatrice having been reduced to a pile of ashes with only the tattered remains of a golden butterfly remaining on top, of which he can take one wing and hold it to his heart. So that golden butterfly was apparently a hint towards the damn broach the whole time.
haguruma is offline   Reply With Quote