View Single Post
Old 2013-06-20, 05:21   Link #113
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Traece View Post
I feel like I never particularly cared for or about the reputation system but there is one thing that's been bothering me as of late.

When I see a post I really like, in the past I would give my regards to that user via the reputation system in some way like:

"Hey. This was the best post I read all day. Love, Traece. P.S.: XOXOXO I<3You"

Simple, and effective. I don't have to make an off-topic post, I don't have to send them a PM, I don't have to post to their public message board. It's not invasive to them or other users.

So the issue that I have now is: How do I profess my love for people and their posts without freaking them out or wasting their time? Honestly the most I feel I can do is try and scramble together an on-topic post specifically so I can tack on: "I agree. This post is good, OK? It's not like I think you're smart or anything. Hmph."

If anything the strange thing I've realized now that the reputation system is gone is that I never had a problem with letting people know how much I hate their posts, but I have a really hard time telling people when they've posted something I really like.
I'll usually go to their profile page and post a visitor message complimenting, but it takes more work, as in supplying a link back to the post so they have the slightest idea what I'm complimenting. More time consuming, yes (especially if you head to their profile before saving the post link location, then its back and forth time).