View Single Post
Old 2009-08-04, 14:34   Link #1292
Xander

There are a number of issues regarding this review that could be further discussed, particularly considering specific details that are not addressed at all outside of arguable general statements, but I want to focus on just one of them at the moment.

Quote:
Conclusion 0/2: The first season, ended with a cliffhanger (a rushed and lame one, if you ask me), so this part would be a zero. The second season does a much better job at presenting a solid and concrete ending. It appears epic, it appears sad, and it appears to make the fans bow in respect and forget all the nonsense in the story so far, just because of it. And I say, “appears” because it is NOT solid or concrete. Really, if you read through the lines you will realize it was just another cliffhanger. Planning for a third season is already underway, ruining any satisfaction you may have had from an apparent finale. Meaning, the scriptwriters took us for suckers and keep milking the cow.
First, it would be complete and utter speculation to speak about "planning for a third season" right now because that's not something that accurately reflects known facts. That statement is highly misleading at worst and very subjective at best.

Second, even if that were to become true, at this point it is only a hypothesis. A series should be judged on its own merits, not based on a non-existent production that may or may not be relevant to what has already happened. This attitude seems to have a lot of prejudice, considering it would be entirely possible for Sunrise to make a new spin-off with no real link to the existing storyline.

Gundam does that all the time. More Code Geass does not mean that the ending to the second season will become a "cliffhanger" since an alternate universe could easily be created instead. Unless you own a crystal ball, that is.
Xander is offline   Reply With Quote