View Single Post
Old 2012-01-08, 07:58   Link #84
zarqu
Stüldt Hĺjt!

My expectations were really high. Bakemonogatari is my favourite show, and I have re-watched it a number of times. So I couldn't be all that critical (and didn't even want to, really) while watching. It's just so great to see the old gang back.

First episode pretty much showcased everything I liked about Bakemonogatari and Shaft in general. Dialogue, artistic shots/weird angles, trippy architecture and glorious cockteasing all were there. In that vein I really can't say that the "shaftiness" felt forced. Not my experience at all.

The build up scene to the... "groping" of Hachikufi was amazing. I mean, he's warming up and stretching to get ready to rape the poor loli ghost. Glorious. I wanted Araragi to do a Zetsubou-sensei parody so bad when he went on to his rant about selling love at a convenience store. It's great hearing Kamiya Hiroshi in full force again.

Some people have pointed out how the OP looked really cheap or something. I guess they did blow out their budget in Hidamari x SP I liked the general feel and flow of the animation. I have conflicting opinions about the song. It's a shame that it kind of feels like warmed up Staple Stable, but Staple was awesome so I guess it's win-win. And Chiwa Saito's voice was just godly again. If only the track had a little more kick.

I also loved Yuka Iguchi (Tsukihi). I didn't much care about her voice while she was doing Index or Maria from Haganai. She has no problem talking with a low and extremely cute and lovely voice or throwing a fit and screaming her lungs out. I much prefer her lower voice, though. Emiri Katou was lovely, too.

So many good things. I'm aware of the worrying sentiments expressed by a few posters in this thread. I really hope they have enough time to churn out quality. The first episode looked really good.

Last edited by zarqu; 2012-01-08 at 08:53.
zarqu is offline   Reply With Quote