View Single Post
Old 2012-04-27, 16:00   Link #566
Cold~as~Ice
this is how its done

Quote:
Originally Posted by Classified Info View Post
Already checked them, but as stated before, they don't seem to have the slightest hint of romance, and didn't really appeal me much. If they really have to have no romance at all, then they must be extremely good: Death Note was the only exception so far.

What i liked really much was how such acts were portrayed in a cool way: i mean, killing with a death note was made hell awesome and the epic music playing in the background was perfectly fitting with it: it made "writing with a pen" a cool thing, haha; i really love when "evil" is showed in a cool way, and not made too much serious and dramatic; i hope you get what i mean.

I realized a thing: i like when serious thematics are treated in a cool or humorous way: examples of this are Death Note (Making "killing with a pen while epic music plays in the background" cool) or WTNHK (Where depression and loneliness was portrayed in such humorous and comedic way, yet dealing with serious themes). It's probably because i have no problem talking about these themes without being bothered, and barely manage to find titles that deal with such themes while using this kind of approach.

Anyways, started reading Karin's manga, and i have to say it's very different from the anime; first of all, Usui doesn't look like some handicapped dude, Karin's eyes are bearable and not so ugly like in the anime, and for the first time i can hear Usui's thoughts: Obelisk, if you happen to watch the first 2 episodes, you'll get what i mean.

Since i've already started Karin, i'll go for TGWOK tomorrow or the day after.

EDIT
I had skipped Misaofan's post: i didn't read carefully and thought it was only an anime: TWGOK will wait; when i finish Karin i'll go for Kimi no Iru Machi
just looking at the synopsis and front cover ain't going to help much you have to actually read them and find out if it's good or not or if you have read them a little try to go up to at least 8 or 10 chapters.