View Single Post
Old 2012-07-23, 01:55   Link #1231
LeoXiao
思想工作

Yuuya and Yui are just another case of people who despite being rather hardcore in certain respects are surprisingly emotional and volatile in others. Yui has the same issue of pride and arrogance that Yuuya does, just that she doesn't flaunt it so directly, and that it's more warranted given that she actually saw combat.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sagecat View Post
Yeah... he walks into an ungraded base... and then there are tons of guards around... Was this a trap intended to lure him in, or am I giving the show's writers too much credit?
This kind of had me wondering as well. First off, why did he follow Inia in the first place? Second, it doesn't seem like they actually walked very far, and nor did they encounter any security apart from that one door, although of course it is possible he was taken to a separate building by car for interrogation.

What is really beyond me is why the Soviets didn't stop to ask who he was first, and upon having done so returned him to his base. The interrogation thing was wholly unnecessary and was probably put in just to drive home the message that the Russians still aren't our friends (even though we totally gave them a lifeline in the form of Alaska when it would've been simpler to leave them all for dead). The part where even the Soviets were calling him Japanese, while ridiculous, gave me a bit of a laugh I must admit.
LeoXiao is offline   Reply With Quote