Thread: Licensed Saki manga
View Single Post
Old 2009-07-18, 10:39   Link #84
emauser

Quote:
Originally Posted by cynicalicious View Post
Okay, I'm confused about two things.

1.) Looking at Saki's initial hand in c. 51, if she were to go for a 13 orphans hand like some are speculating, wouldn't it be painfully obvious that she was going for that hand after the 7th round of discards? (Just dumping that pon of 2 pins alone would be highly suspicious.)

She would have to dump the 2, 2, 2, 3, 5 of pins, the 3 sou and the 4 man. 怪しい! (Of course, you can't see her discards in the manga... bah!)

2.) Why would calling ron on the head of the 13 orphans change it from a single yakuman into a double yakuman? I've been looking through my books, and I can't see anything about that. (Granted, my books are pretty basic stuff.) Can someone explain how that works? I'm still new to scoring.
1. No one said anything about it not being obvious. Besides if she discarded them in different combination for example 2 pin, 5 pin, 3 sou, 2 pin, 4 man, 3 pin, 2 pin it would be less obvious what she is waiting for. If you're smart enough I think you could pull it off.

2. Kokushi musou is generally single yakuman, but if you have each of honor tiles and terminal tiles and are waiting for any of the 13 you have in your hand (13 way wait) then it's considered double yakuman, regardless of you getting it with ron or drawing from the wall and regardless of which tile you get to complete your hand.

Last edited by emauser; 2009-07-18 at 10:40. Reason: adding sth.
emauser is offline   Reply With Quote