Thread: Licensed Saki manga
View Single Post
Old 2009-07-18, 14:57   Link #87
tjalorak
Fax Caelestis

Quote:
Originally Posted by cynicalicious View Post
Thanks for the answers. Now I have more questions. (Since I'm usually not dealing with hands like these. lol.)

If 13 orphans is a yakuman worth 32,000 points anyway, if Saki rons on Koromo's 1-pin, even if there's no double-yakuman rule, she'll still beat Koromo by 1500 points, right? (Or am I missing something again?)

Koromo: 168,200
Saki: 105,700

If Saki takes 32,000 from Koromo:

Koromo: 136,200
Saki: 137,700
Yes. Which is why I said the double yakuman was sort of overkill. It would be 2k points difference since they round. And I think the more important question is what their +/- would be after calculations.

Quote:
I'm asking because after looking around a bit, I saw a blog post by some pro mahjong players who keep a blog/podcast (in English no less!), and they were discussing all of the various rule variations. Double yakuman as an optional rule didn't seem to be very popular in Japan ATM. (Especially in the pro leagues.) It's more popular as part of the European rules.
Link please?

Quote:
Then again, they're playing the tournament in Saki with akadora... so who knows what the rules are.
Yeah. The rules seem a little different than normal and like Fujita-pro says in the Vice-Captain round, the tournament this year changed its rules and seems aimed at finding special / "lucky" players.