View Single Post
Old 2010-12-13, 18:13   Link #69
Arbitres
Disabled By Request

Quote:
Originally Posted by bladeofdarkness View Post
the reapers aren't ridiculously invincible.
sovereign was only able to attack the citadel with an entire geth fleet, while taking the defenders by surprise.
and it was destroyed all the same by the human fleet.
With quite some casualties regardless of the choices made.
Quote:
the reapers never faced an organized resistance force before
they always attacked the Citadel which is the hub of galactic civilization as their first move.
they take out the leadership of the various races on the citadel and then attack the rest of the races forces while they are isolated and in a state of panic and confusion.
they also switch off the mass relays, which makes it impossible for the various races to come to each others help.
That is actually an incredibly effective and self-efficient tactic, deactivating any sort of Relay transportation and destroying the seats of power so the rest of the galaxy would be in a series of ricochet events that continue to immobilize and trap them.

Quote:
a truly invincible race, wouldn't need to worry about organised resistance.
the fact that the reapers clearly do, means that they might be a lot less powerful then they are cracked up to be.
We've only seen one Reaper die, it's too early to say what they can fully do.

Quote:
also, you need to consider the purpose of the "harvest cycle"
if the goal of each cycle is to harvest the new races and turn them into a single new reaper, then would the loss of dozens (possibly hundreds) of reapers be worth it ?
I'm not going to touch this one.

Quote:
- Called the Quarians a bunch of pussies and told 'em to go to war.
I've only done this once, and I immediately felt bad because the Quarians are liable to have massive casualties.

Last edited by Arbitres; 2010-12-13 at 22:59.
Arbitres is offline   Reply With Quote