View Single Post
Old 2010-12-13, 19:45   Link #73
Nightengale
~Night of Gales~
*Author

None of the 'paragon decisions' in ME1 followed through towards a 'you should had been an amoral asshole' scenario though.

Human Council were a bigger ass than the one you saved, Udina's politics is no better than Anderson's other than the fact you make Anderson his underling, Destiny Ascension ended up having more lives than all of the Alliance attack force put together, Rachni is pretty much confirmed for 'good nice bugs,' Krogans are even more messed up if you killed Wrex. The villains you spared in ME1 ended in harmless cameos that showed that they've turned a new leaf... aside from that one Asari who still plays with Krogan quads in labs.

And every other in-game decision? Barely had any semblance of 'repercussion' or 'result' as they've ended up as nothing more than e-mails. I still call bullshit on Bioware for not having the "Sole Survivor" backstory of Shepard being part of a dialogue option with TIM.

Arguably the only 'Renegade' that was 'better' was the "Punch the Reporter" scene, but even that is debatable since I always preferred beating her at her own game.

That being said, ME2 had overall less 'choices' but more dramatic ones that are more difficult to judge so it's interesting to see how daring Bioware is willing to be. Like the decision on Kasumi's Black Box, Project Overlord, Geth and the Reaper Base. All of them have their good and bad.

The sleeping lion shall awaken beyond the depths of time, crossing ten billion lights, come to Terra.
Nightengale is offline   Reply With Quote