View Single Post
Old 2010-09-13, 00:50   Link #1500
SJCrew
Anachro-Romeo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Triple_R View Post
However, I honestly think that a make-out scene might have felt a bit out of place in Clannad, and run contrary to the general mood and tone that Clannad was aiming for.
No, not at all. These guys are teenagers and they're in love. Furthermore, Nagisa and Tomoya become husband and wife. It didn't matter how often they did it, so long as the timing and execution were spot-on. For example, check out 3:59 - 4:04 of this video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eoAxGQUOD5Q

That's what I mean when I'm referring to "the sex make-out". It happens in movies and IRL all the time and I can perfectly picture Tomoya and Nagisa doing this at some point, especially as a married couple and in the privacy of their own home.

I saw quite a few instances in the anime where appropriated sexual tension is omitted entirely. In retrospect, it's actually a bit odd to make Tomoya seem so chaste in here while he was much more lax about his libido in the source material. I think the latter is much more befitting of his character.

Also: woo, #1500
SJCrew is offline   Reply With Quote